Monday, August 30, 2010

Rambo Style Machete

I first saw a machete like this in the last Rambo (IV I think). It was cool in the movie watching him forge the weapon, and then when it was completed I was thinking to my self that I sure hoped that someone would do this in 1:6 scale.

There are some great guys that do custom 1:6 weapons, Jared (Warrior's first), Mike (Sir Eaton-Flipflop), Dave B (Big Dave), and Jim Catero (Delta275) just to name some of that I follow their creations closely. Surprisingly, I did not see any of these guys create this type of weapon, so I decided to give it a try. Now, this is my very first attempt at making a weapon from scratch.

The first thing I did was find a picture of the machete that I wanted to make (see below)
Then I drew it out on a piece of notebook paper and cut it out to use as a template. Here is my template, my first two attempts, and a normal 1:6 machete (see below)

Thank you for looking... comments and critiques are always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. For a first attempt.. pretty awesome. I make Ml scale weapons and a machete was kinda' hard? Looks rad man. I plan on following this blog from here on! keep it up! mind if i ask what you used for the handle wrap?

    ReplyDelete